The NHS in Derbyshire and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
The risk to the general public is moderate. If you have arrived back to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau within 14 days, follow the specific advice for returning travellers.
Call 111 now if you've been:
- to Wuhan or Hubei Province in China in the last 14 days (even if you do not have symptoms)
- to other parts of China, including Macau and Hong Kong, in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
- to Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Republic of Korea or Malaysia in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
- in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus Do not go to a GP surgery, community pharmacy or hospital. Call 111, stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.
Further information is available on nhs.uk.
From the 23rd of October the way you can order your prescriptions is changing. A new NHS medicines order line is a convenient way for your to order your prescription. This new service will be available on 01246 588 860 9.00am-4.00pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays.
This means you can now order your prescription is three ways:
- In writing at the surgery
- Online (please bring your photo ID to reception to get your log in details)
- The new phone order line - 01246 588860 (from October 23rd)
If you would like more information please find leaflets at either reception.
We are now taking bookings for FLU Jabs. Please ring or come into reception to book your appointment.
The Surgery is starting to use a new text message service. We may now contact you to book appointments and in certain circumstances regarding your test results.
It is therefore important that we have your up to date contact details. Please confirm with reception that we have your correct mobile number and ensure you update this if it changes
NHS Prescription charge is now £9.00 for each item dispensed from 1st April 2019
Patients attending Calow Surgery, please respect our neighbours when parking, keeping drive ways clear and vehicles off the grass verges. Your co-operation in this matter is appreciated.